Engineers – iOS
As a rapidly growing company JUST EAT are always looking for exceptional people at all levels to join us. Behind the simple façade of our consumer facing products sit a wealth of APIs, search algorithms and B2B services that we are continuously evolving and we are always looking for the right people to help us build them.
As an iOS Engineer you’ll be responsible for:
- The availability, security, scalability of our e-commerce platform
- Delivering on quarterly OKR’s set for the consumer teams
- Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technical Lead.
- Keep to the processes, standards and designs that your team has agreed upon.
- Contribute to the definition of product features, including in workshops with other engineering teams and Product Management.
- Collaborating with UX teams to turn mock-ups and design visions into reality.
- Communicate the technical work of your team to other engineering teams.
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production.
- Creating and maintaining our open source iOS code
- Releasing new versions to the store (~4 weeks) and supporting those changes all the way through to operating successfully in customers’ hands.
- Reviewing and merging your teams pull requests, after those automated tests have passed 🙂
- Coming up with awesome ideas to implement in the app!
If you are a Senior Engineer, we also expect that you
- Will become a trusted technical authority and specialist in one or more technical areas of your team. You’ll be someone the rest of the team and your Technical Manager can turn to for engineering advice and guidance.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and use their feedback as a basis for improvements.
- Write technically sound, clean, maintainable code – with practical application of established patterns and practices.
If you are a Principal Engineer, we also expect that you
- Will be a trusted technical authority; someone we can turn to for reliable, concise engineering advice and guidance.
- Take technical ownership of your team’s work, from its infancy through to delivering production ready software that pushes our standards ever higher.
- Ensure the Technology department as a whole continuously improves, by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that makes your team more effective; and then use your influence, and the respect others have for you, to have these processes implemented more widely across other teams.
- Evangelise the technical work of your team to the wider community outside JUST EAT.
Our principles are at the core of how we meet our responsibilities. As a senior member of your team, you’ll need to demonstrate those principles and make them a core part of how you work day to day:
- Do the right thing
- Take responsibility
- Be transparent
- Continuously improve
- Take pride
What can you expect from us?
We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- The opportunity to become an authoritative voice within the engineering team of a large and successful, but still fast growing company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out. Pick your metric, set a hypothesis and prove it.
- 5 days for training of your choice each year, and support toward the costs (conferences do not count towards this).
- Regular 1-2-1 meetings with your Technical Lead, with support and guidance to help you continually improve on personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events, including sundowners every Friday.
- Hackathons every quarter – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products. Work on what you want and ship it to production.
- Two step build process, “pod install” and run, no complex mess or process, ever.
- Automated building, testing and deployment, we do not make manual release builds !
- Company wide beta program with free account credit to test every new releases of the app (free takeaway !)
- Ability to open source code that you work on
- Open minded approach to development practises. We work asynchronously and use the tools we have effectively, keeping you in the zone for as long as possible.
- Opportunities to attend conferences around the world. WWDC/AltConf/NSConf etc.
- All the hardware you need to get your job done.
- The option to use open source code to solve problems. Do not re-invent the wheel.
- A balance between adding product features and improving the code base. We hate technical debt.
Your skills and experience
You must have experience of:
- Networking and integration with server side APIs
- Custom UI component creation
- Deep understanding of caching and storage mechanisms suitable for iOS
- Integration and unit testing (KIF/XCTest or other frameworks)
- Continuous integration (teamcity)
- Core data
- Having a deep understanding of API design for efficiency, readability
You will have an advantage if you have experience of:
- Core graphics
- Working within an e-commerce business
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Mobile payments
Up to £70,000 base dependent on role plus excellent benefits
Closing date for applications
September 30, 2015
How to apply
We have permanent open roles for talented individuals across all of our engineering teams. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a summary of why you’d make a great addition to JUST EAT. Or please get in touch if you’d like to know more about the role. Technical Test: //github.com/justeat/JustEat.RecruitmentTest
No agencies please.